Designing a landscape is too artistic for me. I am just a horticulturist. I just grow things, and sometimes tell others how to grow them in a landscape.
Rocks sometimes get in the way when I grow things. They are not something that I often consider to be an asset to the sorts of landscapes that I typically work with; although I have worked with some landscapes in which boulders and stones work very well. I happen to think that they work well in this landscape. I did not design it of course. I merely helped with the installation of new plant material, and the salvage of old plant material.
1. The Rock Stars! It was not easy getting them here!
2. The Concert Venue: This is not a big landscape, but happens to be in a prominent location.
3. Blue flowers were added in front, off the left edge of the previous picture. I do not remember what species this is, but it is common nowadays.
4. Escallonia was added just behind the blue flowers in the picture above. I do not remember what cultivar this escallonia is.
5. ‘Winter Orchid’ Wallflower was added in front of the Rock Stars, just off the left edge of the first picture. It might be ‘Winter Party’. I do not remember.
6. Yellow Freesia is a remnant from the original landscape. There are red freesias too. We like them too much to remove them.
This is the link for Six on Saturday, for anyone else who would like to participate: